- Please be on time for our lessons, as time that you are late will eat away at our allotted lesson time. If, however, you know you will be late, please text me to let me know. 931-492-2201
- Feel free to practice with or observe the lessons of others! Observing can be as valuable as your own private lesson time.
- If you are a parent with a young child, Electronic devices such as cellphones, tablets, and laptops should remain off unless they are being used to record a valuable part of the lesson. Please save texting, emailing, and other distracting activities for outside of the lesson so that both you and your child can get the most out of our time together.
- Other siblings are more than welcome to attend the lessons as long as they can quietly entertain themselves. If they require too much attention from the parent, other arrangements for them are best made so that both you and your child can get the most out of the lesson.
- Please keep your instrument in excellent condition at all times. Wipe your instrument off after each use and loosen the bow hair before putting them back in the case. Bows should be routinely re-haired and strings replaced every six months or so. I will advise you when they need attention.
- Likewise, please keep nails trimmed and hands washed.
- I do not give make up lessons. However, I will credit lessons if I am unable to teach for any reason. If you know in advance that you will not be able to attend a lesson, please let me know with as much notice as possible that you will not be there. You may also find another student in the studio that can switch times with you for the week.
- In addition to my career as a pedagogue, I also maintain an active performance schedule. I try avoid any conflicts with my teaching schedule. However, some performances may come up during the school year. In this case, I would ask you to be flexible and understanding.
- I have no specific practice requirement. However, I expect all of my students to practice daily, complete their individual assignments, and come prepared to all of our lessons. Please be aware that students who come consistently unprepared will not be retained.